Coming together for a more engaged future.
The Virtual Reality Learning Initiative will create an immersive education and training platform that utilizes the latest in virtual reality.
“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.”
– Clay P. Bedford
What is the Virtual Reality Learning Initiative?
The Virtual Reality Learning Initiative (VIRLI) seeks to:
- Supplement existing curriculum with immersive tools for classroom education,
- Foster the learning of life skills in safe, controlled environments,
- Inspire individuals to explore career opportunities they have overlooked, and
- Provide employers with engaging tools for training employees.
By bringing together Intermediate School Districts, private sector labor and management, as well as State resources, we can create a talent development track that starts at the ISD level, runs through community colleges, universities, and vocational education programs, and then finishes with potential Michigan-based private and public sector opportunities.
What are the benefits of VIRLI?
As a member of VIRLI, you will have access to:
- A growing library of immersive content within the module library,
- Experienced educators to train your teachers on how to utilize VR,
- Resources to train your IT staff on how to maintain VR,
- Trained staff to facilitate your VR stations,
- A voice in setting priorities for the development of future content,
- And more!